Graphic Designer Job Description
Designation: Graphic Designer
The principal objective of the Graphic Designer is to support both the internal branding and client servicing teams with creative strategy, visual story development and graphic design for digital media.
You will work closely with the digital marketing consultant to conceptualise and develop creative concepts that bring the clients' brand story to life.
You will also work closely with our marketing team to develop, refine and promote our own brands.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deep dive into each client’s requirements & communication objectives
- Create strategy, concepts & design of line art, illustrations & all technical graphics
- Primarily focused on digital platforms i.e. websites, social media platforms, emails
- Main formats: Online advertising banners, social media posts, website UI elements, online banners, motion graphics, posters, slide decks etc. You may be required to develop visuals in other formats on occasion.
- Able to apply relevant user experience (UX) principles in approaching website design
- Originate concept, strategy & design of website
- Able to develop website prototypes & layouts with digital consultant / web developer
- Able to design website user interface (UI) elements
- Able to upload created designs to website via designated CMS (primarily WordPress) with training
- Minimal or no coding experience required
Social Media Visuals
- Possesses strong understanding of social media design principles; you need to create designs that get engagement & encourage action on various social channels
- Continuously monitors social media design landscape to identify & understand new trends
- Work closely with digital consultant to develop social media content concepts & calendars
- Create attractive social media posts for Facebook & Instagram
Online Advertising Banners
- You will need to know how to design online advertising banners that convert well for both lead & demand generation campaigns
Photography, Editing & Direction
- Establish shot lists & photography scenarios & communicate asset capture needs to photographers & brand team members
- Oversee the creative side of the capture at photoshoots
- Photography skills are a major plus
- Competent at editing photos using Lightroom or Photoshop
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- May be required to be on-site to support client marketing activities
- Attend meetings as scheduled
- Perform other design-related tasks assigned by the digital consultant or direct managers
Graphic Designer Qualifications / Skills
- Expert-Level Adobe CC Skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom
- Intermediate-Level Adobe CC Skills: After Effects, InDesign, Premiere Pro, XD
- Office Suites: Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Comfortable with SAAS / Apps in General. We use many cloud-based apps to manage & deliver our work. For example, you may need to upload blog posts or designs on WordPress, provide project updates on Asana or go on a video call on BlueJeans. Training & guidance will be provided, but you'll need to be comfortable with using such technology in general
- Possesses a Great Eye for Design. Strong aesthetic sensibilities as well as the ability to articulate, rationalise & document visual directions
- Intense Desire for Continuous Improvement. We don't expect you to be the finished product when you start off with us, but we want our entire team to play off each other & get better over time
- Strong Research Skills. Need to be able to conduct your own independent research (trends, competitors etc) when developing & rationalising design concepts
- Proactive & Independent. Able to work independently, with minimal supervision required. There may be times where you will need to work alone (especially WFH / MCO situations)
- Excellent Project Management Skills. Ability to work on different projects simultaneously strong attention to detail, & high-quality work ethic
- Effective Time Management Skills. Ability to prioritise work, set & meet deadlines. Should be able to work evenings or weekends to meet deadlines if necessary
- Professional Communication Skills. Able to communicate properly & clearly to both internal & external stakeholders, particularly with regards to design rationalisation & deadline expectations
- Personable & Professional. Need a good track record of working well in a team, & enjoy community & camaraderie
Education & Experience Requirements
- Important: Providing us with your design portfolio is critical for consideration
- Any amount of experience in design, illustration & motion graphics is a must
- Ideally, you should possess at least a Diploma in Art, Design, Media or equivalent. But this is secondary to a slaying portfolio
Stuff to Note
- Able to work remotely. We expect Covid outbreaks & lockdowns to be commonplace in the future. You need to be able to work remotely as & when needed. This entails that you'll have stable Internet connections, a powerful-enough laptop, a comfortable workspace etc when away from the office.
- Flexible working hours. We are able to offer flexible working hours.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Thank you for considering our job application. If you are interested, please fill in the form on this page.