This is part of our series where we roundup our favourite digital marketing articles for the month.
- Does Authorship Affect Rankings? A Rand Fishkin Study (+Craig Addyman) – We’ve previously asserted that Google Authorship does not affect your rankings (hey, that’s what Google tells us), but this experiment seems to prove otherwise.
- Infinite Scroll Search-Friendly Recommendations (+Maihle Ohye, +John Mueller, +Joachim Kupke) – Infinite scroll is becoming increasingly popular but how it has traditionally been implemented has always been a problem for search engines. This collaborative article looks at how you can make it more search-engine friendly.
- The Phantom of Social Media: How Link Spam Continues to Haunt Google Rankings (+RohanAyyar) – This pretty long article takes an interesting look at how some marketers are bombarding links to their social profiles (on authoritative root domains) to increase their rankings.
- I Became an Entity: How I’m on the Knowledge Graph (+Krystian Szastok) – With Entity Search set to becoming a big deal after the release of Google’s Hummingbird update, you might want to figure out how to get yourself recognized as an entity.
- Why Matt Cutts Can’t Kill Guest Blogging (+Mark Daoust) – The whole digital marketing industry was up in arms after Matt Cutt’s blog post about the death of guest blogging. However, can he really kill it off? Mark Daoust doesn’t think so.
- Faceted Navigation Best (and 5 of the Worst) Practices (+Maihle Ohye) – Ah, faceted navigation. It’s so useful for users but such a headache for SEOs. Read from Google itself how you can try to make it work for both of them.
- Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm Change: What It Means For Your Facebook Marketing Strategy (+Margot da Cunha) – 10 years on and Facebook has turned into an important marketing channel for marketers. This post by Margot da Cunha looks at how you can make its newsfeed work for you.
- ‘Pinterest Interests’ (+Matt Southern) – This nascient social network has been growing by leaps and bounds and it seems to be giving Facebook a run for its money. Pinterest has also recently released its ‘Pinterest Interest’ feature to make it easier for you to find pins. Learn more about the feature here.
- Embrace Digital Personas Now Before It’s Too Late (Chad Pollitt) – We have always advocated using personas to improve your digital marketing. This article looks at how you can embrace and better target digital personas, especially those outliers.
- 23 No-Fail Tactics for a Sticky Social Media Engagement Ring (+Heba Hosny) – Running out of ideas to make your social media tactics more sticky? Maybe this post would help.
Submit Your Articles for Our Monthly Roundups
If you have any articles on our monthly themes you think our readers would like, just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We might include you in our monthly roundup.